Thursday, December 14, 2006

New Beginnings

Today I had the joy of presenting at a ladies luncheon at Ernst & Young. They facilitate regular luncheons for their staff called Conversations for Women.

I was overwhelmed with the reception. The ladies were warm and open - full of laughter and chatter.
Essentially, my presentation dealt with the principle of New Beginnings. That as we come to the end of a year we would look back and see highlights and lowlights, opportunities and disappointments. Each of these having lessons and points of discovery.


As we review these lessons we may well wish to change the way that we move forward. My exhortation to the ladies was to start 2007 with the focus on New Beginnings. My understanding is that New Beginnings do not have to start at the beginning, rather they are able to start at anytime and at any point in the process.

A quote by Carl Bard really inspired me in terms of this, he says,"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."

What new beginnings do you think you need to make in 2007?

2 comments:

Marcia Francois said...

Hi Rachel

Just thought I'd stop by your blog and say HI.

I was looking for your email address on the site and found the blog link and since I'm a huge blog fan (I think I have about 6 altogether), I had to stop by.

Have a great 2007!

Marcia

Telana said...

Hey Rachel! Super to see you're becoming a blogger too! I look forward to reading more of your lessons and thoughts :)

Later!
Telana

http://onematchstick.blogspot.com/